Friday, December 25, 2009

First of a series of flashbacks

My first day in London. He came to the airport, with something in his hand. It was a relief to have a familiar face greeting me, smiling.

A kind friend agreed to let us stay at his place before I move to my own. So at Gloucester Road station we got off the train and walked to the posh two bedroom apartment that is Park West. That was my home for at least a week and I had loved staying there. I quickly nestled in a comfort zone.

It took me a while to come to realisation that I am here. At last. Macam tak percaya.

Then there was lunch. A homemade meal of spaghetti pesto and his signature blueberry cheesecake. I received nothing but pampering since the moment I arrived. The least I could do was to take out my previous night's uneaten dinner flown all the way from Malaysia. A rare exotic food in this foreign land; Swiss mushroom burger from BK! With pendekar bujang lapuk on play, everything was complete, we were at home.

I don't remember much about my first day, but I know this much is true- it was a breeze. I could relax by the window looking outside, a view different from the usual and by the side, was the gift I received earlier. Deep red.

No comments: